martes, 29 de octubre de 2013

Postgame Quotes Kansas State vs. Washburn

K-State vs. Washburn
Kansas State Coach and Player Quotes

Head Coach Deb Patterson
Opening statement…
“Well I’m happy with the start. I think it was great just to have a real bench. We had a lot of energy from everyone that had the opportunity to take the floor tonight. I just saw all kinds of possibilities, and these things can make you nervous during our first game when you are playing a great program like Washburn. They are young and we are young, and it was just time to get out there and compete. I thought we had good balance. There is all kinds of things for us to go and learn on.”

On thoughts about the rest of the season…
“A game like this just makes you feel great. It just made me think this is going to be a fantastic year if everybody on this bench, whether they are on the floor playing or sitting on the bench with us, during those minutes continues to get better every day. You do not feel stuck or feel like people are going to flatline. I feel like there are a lot of different things that we can do to impact the game if everybody individually is committed to continued improvement.”

On experienced players’ leadership…
“Well I think, you know, we just took the floor, and felt like we would take what the game was giving us. We knew that offensively was where we had to grow the most and it was going to require young players to step up and make plays. Those that have been in the gym find a way to hold them together and teach them. I think early on, we have solid leadership, and they are teaching these young ones how we like to do things. What the work ethic is like, how we like to execute. I feel like Haley (Texada) and Chantay (Caron) have worked extremely hard. Katya (Leick) worked hard even though she is just integrating in. We have got that core of people coming back, and Heidi (Brown) does not get a lot of minutes usually, but she is teaching these young ones how Kansas State basketball should be. I think it is really exciting to see that in its early stages.”

Junior Guard Haley Texada
On the subbing rotation…
“It is kind of nice we get breaks this year. We are not used to that compared to last year. I know that when one teammate or myself comes off of the bench we will sub in for one another. Everybody is confident in one another.”

On having size in the post…
“It is beautiful. It is a faster paced game that we are playing. We are moving around the perimeter and we see our big 6’5” post open down there. You just throw the ball in and she will put it in the hole.”

Freshman Guard Kelly Thomson
On getting back on the court…
“It was a great feeling. I just feel extremely blessed to be out here in the first place. It was nice having these coaches, teammates and support from all these fans out here. You cannot beat that for your first collegiate game.”

On her first collegiate game…
“There was just so much going on and my head was just spinning, because it has been a year. It was a cool experience for me to be out there again.”

Freshman Guard Leticia Romero
On playing her first game…
“It is really different. I really liked it and I was nervous. I am really happy.”

On the way she played…
“It was just a game. I have been learning from all of the experienced players that we have here. I will work hard for every game. There will be more games like this and as a team we will be good.”

Washburn Head Coach Quotes
Head Coach Ron McHenry
On his team’s performance…
“We have so many new players, but so do they. We just needed to find out what we have, as far as competitors. I thought for the most part that we competed hard and played hard enough that we can develop from here. We have a lot of things to work on. Just overall, we came out and battled.”

On Kansas State’s performance…
“They are going to be good. Leticia Romero shot the ball well and was hard to guard. With the new rule, you cannot touch somebody out on the floor. She is tough and they have some stretch shooters. Their big kids are young and are going to develop. They are just young kids and a lot of them are only freshmen on the floor. They are very talented kids and are going to develop. They are going to move and they have some great depth. I like them. They might be missing that one player like a (Brittany) Chambers, but Romero showed that she can score a little bit. I think she has a good feel for the game.”
Publicado en: http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/102813aac.html

No hay comentarios:

Datos personales

Seguidores

Archivo del blog